Spring is coming.
The days are longer, the buds are appearing and I’ve noticed a few squirrels bounding about!
But what does Spring mean in your home? Most people conjure up images of dusting and packing up old items in boxes to donate. It doesn’t sound that appealing I know “Urgh, cleaning! Right?!”
It’s time to clean the house. And I mean really clean it.
Polish any silver, wash the windows, wipe down the lightbulbs, wipe down the walls. Everything will gleam and glisten. The effect will be cleansing and make you feel like you have accomplished something.
Give yourself two days and you’ll be feeling a spring in your step in no time.
- Organising Closets. Organizing your closet is the first step to organizing the rest of your home. Get rid of unused clothes and accessories, and organize the rest by how you get dressed in the morning. Your closet will look appealing, and your everyday routine will be easier.
- Create a different mood. For easy makeovers changing the textiles in your bathroom and bedroom heck even the table linen can add a fast and easy change. Switch things out seasonally or for a special event, or whenever you want to play with a certain colour or pattern.
- Reorganize bookshelves. Sort books by size and subject. Remove and discard any ripped dust jackets. Play with how you line the books, some vertically, some horizontally, in a rhythmic pattern. This will relieve the monotony of rows.
- Wash all the windows. Inside and out and take the time to dry them as well to make sure you’re not left with water marks.
- Ward off the dust and wipe down all your lightbulbs, give the blinds a spruce and any windowsills (even the higher ones you don’t see).
Then go make yourself a cup of tea and put your feet up. Don’t forget to jump online and see Spring Cleaning in Two Days – Party II next week to finish the job. You’re almost there.